Browse Items (31 total)

A worker plays the imbila using materials he found in the compound during his free time.

A De Beers worker mines for diamonds

Many of the original houses of Kenilworth, like these, still remain in the area. These houses were for De Beers white employees.

This building was originally the Alexanderfontein Hotel where Kimberley's residents would often come for dances on the weekends. The owner was Mrs. Bisset.

Electric tram that transported Kimberley's residents to Alexanderfontein Hotel on the outskirts of the town.

Entrance, outside and inside view, and ballot box of the Kimberley Club. Located in downtown Kimberley, the Kimberley Club was initially a men's only club for Kimberley's wealthiest residents. The arrow was placed at the entrance in honor of its…

View of the exterior and interior of the Kimberley Sanitarium - funded by Cecil Rhodes

A recreation of a typical store front at Kimberley's "Big Hole Museum"

View of Kimberley's main road

The original building that housed the De Beers Company prior to amalgamation of De Beers Consolidated Mines in 1888.