Browse Items (4 total)

Entrance, outside and inside view, and ballot box of the Kimberley Club. Located in downtown Kimberley, the Kimberley Club was initially a men's only club for Kimberley's wealthiest residents. The arrow was placed at the entrance in honor of its…

View of the exterior and interior of the Kimberley Sanitarium - funded by Cecil Rhodes

The original building that housed the De Beers Company prior to amalgamation of De Beers Consolidated Mines in 1888.

Mine work stopped temporarily during the Siege of Kimberley. Cecil Rhodes hoped to maintain his labor force during this period and hired mineworkers to help dig trenches ad underground passages.